Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Record Breaking February

If you've been watching the news at all, you know that the east is being pounded with snow. DC has had record breaking snow and Columbus is following right along. Today, the paper said that if Columbus receives 4.5 more inches of snow in the month of February, (which pretty much happened today) then we will break the record that was previously set in 1910!
Schools, churches, business, roads, and pretty much everything that doesn't fall into those categories have been closed down.
We've made good use of our time.
Kamden and Jeff were having so much fun. When I was in the house I could hear Kam screaming and laughing. It was so funny.
FYI-Milk jug caps work great for snowman eyes...
Grapes for the mouth...not so much.
I'm standing inside the house taking this picture through the kitchen window.
It's almost like having a guest/stalker for dinner.Nothing like a cup of cocoa filled to the brim with marshmallows.So it's been a couple of days. I took this just this morning. Our "Mr. Noman" is a little down and out but he's not going to give up. He's a real trooper and even though the scarf is his only visible accessory, he wears it proudly.
I think it's hilarious. I've never seen a snowman hold on quite like this one.This is what I did while the boys were outside playing.
Crayon Roll-Up

Kamden loves Super-Why and I thought it would be fun for him to have a cape. I'm making on for Mac but I figure I've got some time for that one.
This picture says it all.

6 comments:

Coombs Family said...

What a cute little boy Kamden is! You are so talented! Please don't get burried in all o' that snow!

Andy and Robyn said...

I love your "noman"--you weren't kidding when you said he was tipping over! :) And that last picture of Kam is a classic-like frame worthy---pure joy! I sure miss that little guy (and you too!) :)

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

How fun! The crayon roll-ups look great and so does the cape! That last picture is priceless. I don't think I've ever seen a snowman lean over like that!

The Brady Bunch said...

You are Super Mom!!!

Aarika said...

Love the cape idea and the picture of Kam "flying" is adorable!! I can't believe how much snow you guys have!! Are you so ready for spring yet?!?!

April and JJ said...

How the. . . that snowman has a serious will to live. I can't even make sense of the picture. Everything I've learned about gravity is being questioned!
I love your cape. That's super cute!