Friday, January 23, 2009

We're Moving

To North Carolina! What?! You might be asking yourself. We'll let me give you the low-down.
Jeff graduated last March with his Master's in Healthcare Administration. He's been looking for a job for a long time now and everyone keeps telling him he needs experience. How's he supposed to start aquiring that almighty and important experience if he's been in school?!
He works at a surgery center right now and he's been talking to a lot of the sales reps that come in. He decided that that is what he would like to do.
Well, a wrench was thrown into the works.
One day, after one of our MANY job discussions, Jeff finally came out with it. He said he really wanted to be a Seminary teacher.
I was like "WHAT?!". I knew he has always wanted to teach and he'd mentioned seminary teaching but that was the extent of it.
So, this was in August. I called around and the University of Utah was the only school that offered night classes for the seminary pre-service program. He's been taking the classes since then and has been really loving it.
In the mean time, he has continued looking for a medical sales job because the seminary teaching program is extremely competetive and they tell you that you need a back-up plan.
Jeff talks to EVERY sales rep that comes into the surgery center so that he can find out what he needs to do to get a job in medical sales.
A few weeks ago the OrthoPro rep said that they are looking to expand back east.
We've said since we got married that we'd love to live far away for a while.
They interviewed him and offered him the job when the interview was over. They told him he could choose between 4 states. Illionis, Alabama, Tennessee, or North Carolina. It wasn't a hard decision. North Carolina hands down.
The only thing that was holding us back was the seminary program. Jeff won't find out until after a 2 week trial teaching period in May if he'll be selected to student teach for a year. Out of over 100 people, they choose 16 students teachers and then about 5 of the students teachers are selected to become full-time seminary teachers. So, the chances are slim but he still wanted to pursue it. However, we didn't want to pass up the OrthoPro job.
Last Thursday, Jeff went to his class and asked the instructor what would happen if he were to move in the middle of the program.
His instructor told him that they can fly people to where Jeff is and that Jeff can record himself while teaching. If the Lord wants him to be a seminary teacher, it will happen.
So that was our answer. He could do BOTH!
We were so excited. We really felt like that was the answer we were looking for.
Jeff starts his new job February 12th and has a 2 month training period.
The headquarters are in SLC so the training's here.
Then we move to NORTH CAROLINA the middle of April.
It all seems like it's working out. The only tough thing is that I'll be over 7 months pregnant when we move. That's going to be a little scary for us but we feel like it's the right decision for our family.

14 comments:

The Wuehler Wireless said...

That is really exciting! Of course it will be scary, but if that is where the Lord wants yo guys to be then he will handle everything else for you guys. Congratulations!

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so excited for you Lyndzi!! Its gonna be a FUN adventure for you guys. My sister Alisha used to live in North Carolina and she LOVED it! She says it just beautiful out there.

Krystell said...

Congrats! I had to look at your blog after your note on fb. That is way exciting about your baby and moving to N. Carolina!?! I bet your family is way sad though :0( Good luck with everything!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

What an adventure! I have been there. What part will you move to? Lots and lots of trees is one thing I remember. Keep us posted on the details!

sharonspot said...

Wow thats a lot to take in all at once. Lots of changes ahead for you guys. We are excited for you though and wish you the best! Have fun in Hawaii this week!

April and JJ said...

I'm happy for you, but for selfish reasons I'm sad. I guess that free long distance thing will come in handy! Thanks for coming over the other night. It was fun!

Jen said...

WHAT!?!?! It's not April Fools! No seriously...Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in North Carolina! I bet it will be so pretty!

Nikki said...

WOW! That's sad and exciting news at the same time. That will be a fun adventure for your family! I'm sure Andy and Robyn won't have a hard time coming to visit. It is beautiful back there. Good luck to you and Congrats Jeff on the jobs!

La Familia Rigby said...

Where in North Carolina? Shena lives in Greensboro, and has lived there for almost 10 years. She loves NC, not as much as Idaho, but you never get rid of your roots! Anywho. . . fun stuff. I am excited for you. I moved when I was 8 months pregnant with Leya. It was hard but nice that I didn't have to lift a single box. I would pack them and Jeff and everyone else would move them. Not bad.

Stacy Ellison said...

YEAH! that is great news. living "away" from family can be a great experience for you and your husband! keep me posted!

Rach said...

Oh my heck! Wow, life happens fast huh!?!?!? Thats so exicted, my bother and sister-in-law are out in Raleigh (I think that's the spelling) but the LOVE IT! We visited last spring, and I would definately take that opportunity! Good for you to take that leap of faith. Have a great time! Take care!

Rach

Kyle and Amy said...

OH MY GOSH!! How come I had no idea!? Thats amazing! I am so excited for you guys and that is going to be a really big change! Sounds like everything has worked out perfectly so far and I am sure the rest will work itself out!! I have heard that its so pretty there so I will be excited to hear how it is! IF the seminary teaching worked out, would you stay there or relocate? What will you do being so far from home?:)

Shena said...

So I was reading on Alyssa's blog that you're moving to Greensboro, NC. For real? Oh how fun would it be to have someone from home here! Whatever I can do to help you... PLEASE don't hesitate to ask! I can help you with good neighborhoods. And of course, my ward is the BEST! So you have to get in the SUMMIT ward! We can also give you a place to stay if you need to come and look for a week. We would love to help you anyway we can! I have lived here for almost 10 years. I KNOW GREENSBORO and the surrounding areas. Go to my website www.handfulofmemories.com to contact me. I can give you more information from there! Good luck!