Sunday, March 29, 2009

My little boy is 2!

Kamden is 2 years old today. I can't believe how fast the time has gone and now we have another little one coming in 3 months.
I am the luckiest little mommy in the world. Kamden has really changed our lives. Jeff and I knew from watching our older siblings that it would be a change but we never anticipated the joys that would come from having Kamden in our lives.
There isn't a day that goes by that I don't laugh, want to pull my hair out, burst with motherly pride, want to tie Kamden down, or pick him up and squeeze him cause I just love him so much. (Noitice I said WANT to tie Kamden down, I don't really do it.)
Kamden has so much of Jeff and me in him. He is pretty much an exact replica of Jeff about 28 years ago (seriously copy and past) and he's as yellow as his mother.
I thought it would be fun to celebrate Kamden's birthday by sharing with everyone the things my 2 years old loves.
Kamden you...
Love or are obsessed with:
-Saurs...Dinosaurs that is. GG bought you some dinosaurs and you just can't get enough of them. You carry them around in a baggie taking them in and out and putting them back in again.
-Books- When I lay you down for your nap I tell you no toys but one book and you will stay in your bed reading a book until you fall asleep.
-Your "B"-Need I say more?
-Doing whatever mom and dad are
-Running-You are ridiculously fast. I don't know how I'm going to keep up with you when your new baby brother comes.
Funny things you say and their translation:
Bug-Book
Dinos-Dinosaurs
Saurs-Dinosaurs
Doors-Dinosaurs
Baggie-This really does mean baggie but it's so funny to hear you say it
Milky-Milk
Poppy-Pop
Cracker-Cookie
Dwink-Drink
Nak-Snack, usually a fruit snack
Duce-Juice
Nigh Nigh-Night Night
Peez-Please
Skeez-Squeeze (you say this when you give hugs)
Beebee-Baby (pointing to my belly)
Funny things you do:
Drink from the water squirter
Stand on the toilet while I'm getting ready for the day
Chew on your dinos tails
Run around the corner so I can jump out and scare you
Show everyone when you have an owee
Summer-salts
Give knuckels
Show me EVERYTHING
Sweet things you do:
Give the best kisses
Give tight hugs
Give random hugs (those are the best)
Sit on my lap and play with the calculator while I'm wasting time on Facebook and my blog.
Put ALL of the clothes in the washer when I'm doing laundry (Even the ones that don't go in that load. You getting better at keeping the white separate.)
Lay your head on my shoulder

Kam, there are so many other things that you do that I love. You are such a sweet boy and I love you so much. Thank you for coming to me.

8 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Happy Birthday Kam!!! Your post is so cute! I'm gonna miss you guys!!!

sharonspot said...

Happy Birthday Kamden! Wow, that 2 years went fast. I loved to read all about what you do and say. I wish I could see you before you guys go so far away! Eventhough, I don't see you that often it makes me sad to think you won't be there when we come to visit.

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

What a cutie! It's hard to believe how fast time really goes. My "baby" will be two next month. He also gives knuckles although we call them "stones"! Such an adorable age. Thanks for sharing!

Platt Lucky 7 said...

Happy Birthday Kam(me)!! Ha Ha. I hope you adjust to moving better than I did. (actually, still trying!)

Cory n Tara said...

How fun! Its crazy that you are already about to have another one...I feel like time is just flying since Madison was born. Congratulations by the way! I hope everything goes well and the baby is healthy. See you this weekend(hopefully)!

Coombs Family said...

Aww. I really like the word translations! I've done that for both of my girls in their scrapbooks. For example: Fitza=Pizza Bamfire=Vampire and the all time fave apbum=apple! Gotta love kids!

Lisa said...

Happy 2nd B-Day Kamden! Sorry I'm so late posting this. You are such a cute little boy. You remind me of my little brother so much!! Love you!

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Hey sorry, i am a slacker. Happy birthday Kamden. We love you!!!!!