Sunday, July 12, 2009

All American 4th of July

We had a very HOT, very AMERICAN 4th of July.
We went to the parade in Greensboro and collected a whole 3 pieces of candy.
We walked around the booths and ate carnival food.
Kam got his face painted. (That's supposed to be a baseball on his cheek incase you were wondering)
we had a cookout with friends. (I made some yummy dutchoven potatoes)
We went to the fireworks at night and waited over 1 hour to get out of the parking lot because of an accident at the top of the hill.

I love this picture of the boys.

Cade- They're called fireworks! They light up the sky, your supposed to like them.
Jeff-You're a grown man, man!
Kamden-Well, at the Grasshopers game they had fireworks and Jeff covered his eyes. Now Kam thinks that's the best way to watch them.Let's just pretend I didn't forget to flip this picture.
Oh yeah, Jeff's back has been so bad this last week. It started the day before the 4th and he could barely walk. So, he sat in the shade with the boys while I went to get our lunch. It's slowly getting a little better but it's worse than it's ever been. Keep him in your prayers.

4 comments:

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

That picture with the boys is so funny! I love Kam's shoes!

The Brady Bunch said...

What a fun 4th. I love your pictures! Hope Jeff's back gets better soon.

Mary said...

Looks like a fun day! I am so glad you guys are enjoying NC, we will be flying there a week from today!!! Hope Jeff's back is better soon, poor guy.

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

I'm sorry about Jeff's back. I hope he's better soon!