Friday, July 10, 2009

I knew it...

I was sure that I had taken more pics when my parents were here.
Don't know why, they just didn't upload at the same time.
So, he's a little sequel to the previous post.
After the Grasshoper's game.

Kamden's favorite spot-next to PapaMy mom's birthday.We went to Mt. Airy. It's where Andy Griffith grew up.
A lot of the show and things around Mayberry are based off of his childhood.
This is Mt. Pilot (in the show it's called Pilot Mountain.)
This is the first mountain I've seen in over 2 months.
Jeff & I both agree-we miss 'real' mountains but still, I was very happy to see this one.We ate lunch at "Snappy Lunch"
Hours 5:45am-1:45pmWe gave Kam a haircut on
Saturday and went to Mt. Airy on Monday.
Too bad we didn't wait cause he could have had a 'real' cut from the Mayberry barber. The 'other' guy in the picture, we in the barber shop. Jim Kemp. He asked where we were from. When my dad said Idaho and Jim asked, "So are yall Mormons?"

He was so nice and told us about all the Mormons he knew.
We ran into him a little while later and he decided that he would become our tour guide. He showed us the 'Mormon Ward'. When we pulled up to the church, he got out and asked us if we wanted to go talk to the other Mormons inside the church.
There were 3 cars in the parking lot and they looked like mission cars.
We told him, "Not especially." Is that bad?

Jim was so nice. He drove us over to where some Mormons live and showed us a Mormon cemetary. We did have to tell him that we kind of wanted to see the Andy Griffith/Mayberry tourist stuff. Seeing the church was great but...you've seen one, you've seen them all.

If you are interested in being featured on my blog, it's simple.

Here are the required steps,

1-Hop on a plane

2-Fly across the country

3-Come hang out with us

(Unless you're the Arellano's and then you can just drive over.)

4 comments:

Bryan and Elissa Johnson said...

Okay I want to be in your blog. I will just talk to Bryan and see what day works.:) love ya!

Lisa said...

Is that all you have to do? That seems so simple... Love the Mayberry atmosphere.

Jen said...

I think your dad would fit right in in Mayberry!! Ha Ha
P.S. Corbin and I would LOVE to be in your blog!!!! Someday!!

Anonymous said...

What a second. We've been over a couple of times and I don't recall being featured in your blog.