Friday, June 25, 2010

Family=Fun

How lucky am I? Well, pretty darned lucky cause my mom an Robyn came to visit for a week!
We had loads of fun and when I say loads, I mean a lot.
We went up to Kirtland, played games, went shopping, searched high and low for Ohio State regalia, and just chatted to our hearts content.
We all had so much anticipation built up for their arrival that it almost seemed like they were never going to get here. Now they've come and gone and I'm blogging about it. How does that happen?
We went up to Kirtland. My mom and Jeff had both been there before but Robyn and I hadn't. It was so beautiful. I have been to pretty much all of the Utah church history sites but I had never been anywhere that Joseph Smith had been. I was amazed at this place. It brought things back into perspective a little. We have so much. SO MUCH! The early members of the LDS church sacrificed more than I can even comprehend. They lived in such small homes with such large families. The women had to cook every meal over a fire and all the while, tend to the children. Yet, they found time to become truly converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Church today has done such an incredible job with the Visitor's Center to help invite the spirit. The sister missionaries were our tour guides throughout the N. K. Whitney store, school of the prophets and the ashery. They did such a great job. I love the spirit that a missionary carries. It made me miss my mission so much and it still shocks me that I've been home for 5 years! FIVE! Wow. Moving on...

Mac and GG
"Nobody messes with my GG"
Sisters, Sisters (sung to a jolly ole tune)
Mom & Mac
N.K. Whitney Store in Kirtland
The Ashery
Yes, Robyn insisted that we have the full experience by donning the entire outfit! Gloves, apron and holding the huge ladles into the cauldron. (She doesn't get out much)
It was, oh, about 90 degrees with humidity added onto that but at least we've got the memory. Thanks Rob.

Oh and we can't forget the drinks!

Kamden was so curious...about everything. Especially the things that your not supposed to touch. Those things seemed to be calling his name but he had so much fun and the sister missionaries were really fun with him.

Kirtland Temple

My mom is going to kill me for posting this picture but it was SO funny. Kamden wanted "crazy hair" like GG. He thought it was hilarious.

Robyn missed her kids and Andy so much but I was so lucky to have her around. She was so helpful with the boys, especially Kamden. He couldn't get enough of her. When he woke up, he'd go looking for her and if she was downstairs and he was upstairs, he would yell her name and tell her that he was awake and ready to play.

We had the best time and we all miss my Mom and Robyn already.

Thanks for coming ladies and thanks for the fun!

4 comments:

Brooks and Andrea said...

Love all the pics. Your boys are the cutest and I can't wait to see all of you.

Mrs. Dickson said...

I'm so glad you were able to go there. Newel K. Whitney is my Grandpa! (great great great of course) so It's so fun to see you in front of his store. The visitors center uses my Grandma Elizabeth Whitney as the narrator. It's a special place for me. And doesn't time fly!! You don't look 5 years older, still so pretty Lyndzi :) Love reading your blog and happy for your little family.

ajandersonguy said...

Too funny! I was just going to comment on how Porter would tell us how she was related to Newel K Whitney but it looks like she beat me to it! Love her!
Looks like you guys are making the best of where ever you live! You have such a cute family!
Jessica

April and JJ said...

How cute! I'm glad you had fun! You look adorable, as always! Some day I will go to Kirkland too. Until then I will just buy Costco brand. I'm hilarious.