Friday, June 25, 2010

One Year Ago...

One year ago, my life got a little sweeter. Why? Because you were born.
McKay David

You are one year old. How did that happen? I look at you everyday and figure that you must be growing at warp speed. It is the only explanation for the little boy that is toddling through the house.
You're not walking...yet. You are so close. You are cruising all over the furniture and along the walls.
You can even stand on your own, for a second.
You are happy. You are content and sweet. You are going to be able to hold your own with a brother like Kamden.
You love that little thumb of yours.
You weigh18 lbs. 9 oz-3%
You are 29.5 inches-42%
You make this funny little noise that I can't really even imitate. You sound like your clearing your sinuses and it's hilarious. You blabber and talk to us all day.
Your favorite foods are grapes, cheese, graham crackers & yogurt.

So Big- 1 Year Old!
Dino Cake
You knew something good was coming.
You started out nice and slow with a chocolate kiss.
Decided that was pretty good and went in for more.
and more...
It was obviously a happy outcome.
You loved opening your presents (with a little help from brother) and blowing bubbles outside.
Mac, you are growing so fast and I love watching the little man that you are becoming. I look at you and know that I will always have my little ray of sunshine to make me happy.
We love you!

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
-Elizabeth Stone

7 comments:

Coombs Family said...

Ah happy birthday Buddy! Lynz, he has gotten SO BIG! I almost for a second thought that first pic was of Kamden. Clones, those two boys. :)

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

He looks like so much fun! I'm glad he enjoyed the gorgeous cake you made him! Happy birthday little guy!

The Brady Bunch said...

I cannot believe its been a year! He is such a stud muffin! I LOVE his cake too!! You're SUPER MOM!

Anonymous said...

really? a year already? i swear he was just born a few months ago. he sure is a cutie! i love his blond curls and big smile. LOVE that birthday cake too! soo cute

Chapman Channel said...

Oh how I love that little McKay! He is so cute! Happy one year--may there be a hundred more :)

ajandersonguy said...

He is so cute! 18lbs! Zoee just hit 19lbs at 2! Oh my tiny little girl!
Jessica

April and JJ said...

He's so cute! I'm thinking I don't like that you are so far away! Very cute post! ( I love the cake! )