Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Fun Ship-Day 1

In December 2009 my parents wanted to Skype with ALL of the family.  Everyone crammed into my parents computer room and Jeff & I were in North Carolina.
They told us they were going to take all of us on a cruise! No kids!
So, after a long year of waiting; a cruise ship that caught fire, a canceled cruise and sick family member, we FINALLY got to go.
It was awesome.  There were 10 of us and none of us had ever been on a cruise before.
We went to the western Caribbean and stopped in 4 places.
Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel

Our journey is a follows:

Excited to go! Let's be honest here, we really did miss our kids but a week away from a 3 and 1 year old was a pretty sweet deal.

Outside of our hotel in Miami, waiting for our cab.
 Yes, more waiting at the Port of Miami.
 Finally, we set sail!
There were about 4 other ships that left at the same time.
This is Fisher Island. I could live there.
 The folks.
 The hubs.
The medal.
Yeah, I won a Carnival Bronze medal. How? I won a trivia game.
It was the first night so I didn't know any better. I thought it was a real honor. cough cough
That was until I realized they hand these things out like candy to anyone that is willing to participate.  I ended up winning another one but that story will come in a later post.
Ah, the end of our first day.  My favorite part of a vacation.  You are finally there and you still have the entire time to enjoy.

No comments: