Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reunited and it feels so good...


Well, we never did find the original "B". I think I drove away with it on top of the trunk! (That's a whole other blog entry.) A few weeks ago my mom found more of the same material and bought it. What luck?! So, she was in the process of making a mini "B" square for Kam to take with him outside and for play. We got the mini one just a few days after the tragedy of losing the original.

I didn't check the mail on Saturday and Jeff brought in the package Sunday morning before church. I pulled out the corner of the "B" and Kamden started saying, "B,B,B!" He was so happy, he was beside himself. It was like he was being reunited with a long lost friend. It had only been 2 DEVISTATINGLY LONG days. He just kept smothering it against his face.

Being the good G.G. that she is, my mom immediately began work on a big replacement. (So lucky that she had found the same material just a few weeks before.)

Now, Kamden has 2 "B"s. One for bed and one for everything else. However, now he thinks he needs 2, one for each shoulder.


I don't think any long term effects will be suffered by him but I have for sure learned my lesson.

ALWAYS HAVE A BACK-UP!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

He looks ECSTATIC! What luck finding the exact same material again.

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

He is so cute with his B!! That is such a cute story, but I bet it was a hard couple of days.

Platt Lucky 7 said...

I have to agree, his face says it all. Darling!

Brandon and Jen Jensen said...

I am so glad. That was a tough one I could relate to! What a cutie!

JethRobyn said...

I'm so glad they are back together, that was just the saddest story ever.

Mosers said...

Yeah....he's so cute! Sounds like you will have a happy camper for a while!

Coombs Family said...

Too cute!

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm glad it all worked out. Leila never attached to anything like that, but I kinda always wanted her too...oh well what do ya do?