Thursday, October 9, 2008

Strawberry Jammin!

Yes! I did it. I made strawberry jam by myself for the first time ever! Jeff loves strawberry jam. Don't we all?


Whenever I eat strawberry freezer jam, I always have memories of my dad making Saturday morning breakfast. Biscuts, sausage and gravy. Then strawberry jam on the leftover biscuts. However, I didn't know that the reason I loved it so much is because it has twice as much sugar as it does fruit. So, I decided I would only put in 10 cups of sugar instead of the 12 it called for. It's a little tart but yummy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so proud of yourself! Good work on the jam...where did you get the strawberries?

JethRobyn said...

YEA! So awesome. congrats on your achievement, I'm sure your enjoying your hard work!

Mosers said...

I have become addicted to self reliance and it's awesome to see other people doing stuff like this!! Way to go!

Platt Lucky 7 said...

Way to recruit Jeff to help with the jam. Oh wait, or is he just checking to see if it is good? He better have helped!!!! It turned out yummy!