Wednesday, June 17, 2009

McKay David Johnson

My boys. Leaving the hospital.
First Family Picture

Getting ready to go home

Wink

GG, Kam, McKay

Check out all that hair

Teensy Tinsy

Brothers

He really is perfect

First Bath





Proud Daddy

Oh I was so happy to have my little boy here







Still waiting...where's my baby?

Jeff was a little getting frustrated too


Monday night we went to the Grasshoppers game here in Greensboro with some friends. We left a little early cause I was getting really uncomfortable. I kept having contactions but they weren't too intense and they were pretty far apart. We went home and I was pretty sure that the baby was going to be coming soon. I finished getting all my stuff together for the hospital and then tried going to bed. I laid there for what seemed like forever, listening to Jeff's gentle breathing. For some reason, he sounded even more relaxed and comfortable than usual. :)

I kept thinking, "If this next one is any sooner, I'll wake him up." Finally after telling myself that about 4 times, I woke Jeff up. I said, "Let's call Shena." He said, " Right now? Are you sure?" Then I told him, "Well, let's wait and see what this next one is like." Why do we talk ourselves out of these things? So, after the next intense one, I said, "Let's go. Oh, actually I think my water just broke." Well, it hadn't, I thought that it may have. So, Jeff took Kamden over the Shena & Cheeto's (thanks again) and we headed to the hospital.

When we got to the hospital it was about 12:45 am and I was at 3cm. They do things way different here. I'm sure that it could just be the hospital and not that it's a different part of the country but there was a lot more waiting here. They put us in a room to answer questions and then we walked back out into the waiting area, then into triage to see how far along I was. In Orem, we walked in and said I thought I was in labor and they took me directly to the birthing suite. Anyway, when they decided I really was in labor, they admitted me. I'm sure I was a little irritable, ya know, being in labor and all. :)

They took me over to the laboring suite and around 2:45 the anethesiologist came in for the epideral. He was so great and explained everything step by step. My right leg went numb almost instantly and I could still feel contractions on my left side, which I was okay with. At the end of it all, my epideral worked a little too well. When I went into the recovery room, they had to take me on a stretcher because I still couldn't move my legs. For the rest of the day and into the night, I couldn't stand on my right leg. Jeff and the nurse tried to help me twice and both times I almost fell to the ground. Good thing Jeff was there to catch me. The anethesiologist came and checked out my leg. He said that it wasn't too common for it to last that long but that it should be better within 24 hours. The next morning my leg was working again. Yeah!

Back to the delivery. Now is when I started getting frustrated. I kept telling them that I went really fast with my first. With Kamden, my water broke in the hospital room just before my epideral. Once your water breaks you go pretty quick because you have stronger contractions. Well, because of the time of night, the nurse decided after I had my epideral that I should "rest". Who can or who really wants to rest? I just wanted to have myself a baby! I asked her a few times if she needed to check me. I could see on the monitor that I was having consitant contractions and I could feel pressure too. She said, "Oh no, I don't need to check you. If your water breaks I will." She FINALLY came back into the room around 7:00, shift change. She also told me that the on-call Dr. had been waiting for her to call when I was ready. The next Dr. would come in between 8:00 & 8:30 to break my water. I was done "waiting". The new nurse came in at 7:00 and I asked if she was going to check me. She told me that she could but there was nothing she could do until the Dr. came in to break my water. I just wanted to know where I was. The Dr.(one I hadn't ever met) came in at 8:45. I was at 9cm. He broke my water and went to deliver another baby. The nurse checked me and said that the babies head was "right there". When the Dr. came in they said they could see his head. I pushed about 1 1/2 times and McKay was born at 9:35am. Thinking back on it now, it really did go smoothly and rather quickly compared to some. I was just being impatient and wanted him to get here. :)


He is perfect. He weighed 7 lbs. and was 20 1/4 inches. He has so much hair too. Jeff thinks he looks just like Kamden and I think he looks like me. :)

I am so thankful that he is here and that things went so well. I was so nervous about moving mid-pregnancy, changing doctors, delivering a baby in an unframiliar place, and being so far from family. My mom arrived later that night. Jeff and Kamden went to Raleigh to pick her up from the airport. Kam was so happy to see him GG. He chatted her ear off the whole way to the hospital. I was happy to see her too.


We've been adjusting really well. Kamden LOVES McKay. Just enough to give him soft kisses but other than that, he doesn't really care that someone new has arrived. Kamden likes carrying the binki around and showing it to us. He's going to be such a good big brother.
Similarites between my boys:
Raining on the way to the hospital
Both 5 days early
Both 7 lbs
Kamden 20 inches/McKay 20 1/4 inches

16 comments:

Ty and Janene said...

Congrats! He is very cute I can't believe how tiny he looks man they grow fast so enjoy every tiny thing about them. Pretty intense story I am glad that everything went well.

The Walker's said...

Congrats Lyndzi & Jeff! I can't wait to watch little McKay grow (through pictures anyway!). Glad everything went well, and hope you have a swift recovery! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Johnson Family. I don't understand Doctors that want/expect patience after 9 months... I'm glad the delivery went well and you are all safe and healthy. McKay is adorable. Give him a love for me!

Lacey said...

Hey there! I hope you don't mind me checking your blog. Congrats on your little one! I am so glad that things went smoothly. You look so good in your pictures. My face is so swollen after I deliver my babies. I'm jealous. Congrats again. He is too cute.

JethRobyn said...

Congrats! I'm glad everything went ok. I am sooooo glad to hear Kamden is adjusting well, it will make things easier for you! He is a cutie. I hope you are not missing too much sleep!

I....Dunno said...

HEY GUYS CINGRATS! AWESOME PICS
SURE WISH WE COULD SEE HIM. I GUESS IT WILL BE SOON ENOUGH.
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE FEEDING, SLEEPING, POOPING SCHEDULE. DON'T MISS THAT TOO MUCH.
LOVE YOU GUYS HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!
GLAD EVERYTHING IS OK!
JON

Cory n Tara said...

How awesome! I had Cory look at your pictures and he said she got all dolled up for the picture? I said I think her hair was already done that way before she had McKay...so as a compliment to you...You look really good for having a baby!! He's super cute though! And sorry I'd have to agree with Jeff, he looks like Kamden to me (for now anyway, that could change)!

Nikki said...

Yay! Congratulations. He is so adorable. I am so glad he is here and all went well. I love how teeny tiny they are...so so precious. Enjoy!

Lisa said...

I love the picture of McKay in Jeff's hands! (It's the one you labeled Teensy Tinsy)I love how tiny he looks in Jeff's hands and how his eyes are open.

missy said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! You look GREAT!!

The Brady Bunch said...

I'm so happy for you guys! The pictures are cute. How's Kam liking it? They are such cute boys!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh it's not fair that you have 2 of THE CUTEST boys in the world! Well, Jeff's pretty cute too ;) Love McKay's hair, love his name, love YOU, Lyndz! Congratulations!!

Bill & Jen said...

Congrats Lyndzi! He is adorable! I LOVE all his hair.....and the way you decided to spell his name ;)

Jeff and Aubree Gittins said...

My blog page didn't tell me that you had updated your blog yet. So I just checked it today and was surprised to see a new post. Anyway, I'm so glad he's here and healthy. He really is beautiful and I also think he looks just like you Lynz. You're so lucky you didn't even need to push hardly! I pushed for over an hour! My epidural wore off on my left side too, but I wasn't okay with it. It was agonizing!

Rach said...

Lyndzi, congratulations! That is too exciting! I get irritated when people look at me funny, I am sure you were a little irritated being in full LABOR! I am happy things went well. Your boys will be so close and have fun growing up together...good call :)

Mrs. Dickson said...

I feel pretty horrible for not checking on your blog sooner!!! I thought about you a lot the weeks before he was born and then when school ended, all thought processes ended with it. I don't know, but I do know you are one hot mama, and you have 3 great boys to be with. He's adorable and I simply love your pictures. You did those at home? So good. Love you and your cute family.