Wednesday, November 11, 2009

60 Veteran's Days Ago...

...my dad was born. My Dad turns 60 today! Wow
He is retiring from the Federal Reserves this month as well. My side of the family is all getting together to celebrate his retirement and birthday. I am in a land far, far away and will be missing this fun celebration of my dad's accomplishments.
Since I can't be there to share in the fun, I thought I would share some of the reasons why my dad is so great.
-It's very fitting that he was born on Veteran's Day. I don't know anyone that is more respectful to America and what our country stands for.
-He has taught me through words and example what it means to be a hard worker and to stand up for what you believe.
-I have noticed over the past 10 or so years, he has really started to soften. I finally figured out what had caused that to happen...GRANDKIDS!
He is such a good Papa to all of the little ones.
-He can talk to anybody. I mean anybody. About anything.
-If you need something out of the fridge...get it out, shut the door, and go on with your business.
(The faster, the better.) "Are you trying to cool down the whole house?"
-Since moving to NC, I have really gotten to see what a great dad I have.
He has given advice, blessings, service, and so much more.
I feel so blessed to have such a great dad.
I feel honored to be able to say that my dad has served his country and helped prepare the way for future generations.

Thanks Dad

We love you

4 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Veteran's Day to your dad! What a cute/sweet post Lynz.

Jen said...

I couldn't agree more! He is a great guy!!

Andy and Robyn said...

Holy cow-way to make a girl cry first thing in the morning. I'm just a little homesick for ya-and wishing you could be here this weekend. And Dad really is awesome! I LOVE the part about the fridge, that is SO Dad!!! :)

Brooks and Andrea said...

What a great ribute Lynz. Your dad is the best. I am so glad that I could have such a good realtionship with both your mom and dad. They have both rubbed off on all you kids in one way or another.