Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ohio???

Yep, we're moving.
For any of you that are thinking..."Didn't they just do that?"
Well, it's been about 7 months, so yeah, we did just do that.

Jeff's boss called a week ago and gave Jeff the option to stay in NC or relocate to Ohio. Long story short, we're heading to Columbus, Ohio the week after Thanksgiving. Yep, in about 3 weeks. We want to get there ASAP so that we can get a little settled and at least get our Christmas tree up.


We have LOVED North Carolina. Yes, it's about as far away as you can get from the other side of the country but it is such a beautiful place.
We're so sad to leave but we feel that this will be better for our family.

I don't feel ready to leave quite yet. I have made some really great friends here and there are so many little boys that are close to Kam and Mac's ages. However, I have learned from experience that there are great people wherever you are.

You can be as happy or as miserable as you want, wherever you are.

Everywhere has it's own, unique beauty.

Jeff and I have especially learned out here, the kind of people we are when we are faced with hard times and adversity.
I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for us. It has been such a blessing to know someone from home. Shena helped us find our apartment before we moved here and has really helped us so much.
When we decided to move to Ohio, Jeff jokingly said, "You don't know anybody in Ohio do you?"
"Well...I do actually."
A friend from home living in Columbus with his family, finishing up dental school.
It's always nice to have a connection. :)
The next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy so please keep our little family in your prayers cause we all know we could use the extra help and guidance.

8 comments:

The Brady Bunch said...

Holy cow! That's so fun! I'm excited for you guys, what a fun adventure. You will for sure be in my prayers-good luck and keep me posted!

Anonymous said...

Well good for you! What an adventure. I know things will be crazy and unsettled for a while but really, HOW FUN. Good luck in moving again!

Lyndee said...

So random story... I cheered with Liz in High School in Idaho! How crazy is that? I hope the move goes ok with 2 little kiddos. Good luck!!

The Walker's said...

Wow, how exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly with the move and everything. You guys are so adventurous and I admire you for your positive attitude about the whole thing. At least Ohio is closer to Utah that NC! ;)

The Davis Family said...

How exciting! We've moved around a bunch too and I must agree that there are great people wherever you live. Good luck with the quick move - we relocated from Montana to Utah in less than two weeks and I know how stressful that can be. Good luck!

ajandersonguy said...

Wow! You are really living it up. What stories you'll have. I'm kind of jealous. I always thought living in different places with my family would be a neat experience. I guess it's one I don't need at this moment so I'll just enjoy your stories! Good Luck!

Mary said...

You guys are so great! I think I would be pulling my hair out if I had to move so soon after just moving there. Good Luck, hope it all goes well!

Barry and Camille said...

Wow Lyndzi, all the very best to you guys with your move. Columbus is a happenin place, so I hear. Just don't get too excited about the Buckeyes. They don't need any more fans. :-) It's so great to see you blog and see how much your boys have grown. happy Thanksgiving and tell Jeff hi!