Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Part 5 -St. George

SISTER'S WEEKEND
Every year, all the 'sisters' on my dad's side have a weekend getaway.
Sisters, moms, aunts, cousins, grandmas, nieces...if your a girl and a Barthlome, you're in.
I haven't been able to go for the past few years and I'm always sad that I have to miss it.
This time, our trip worked out so that I could go. Yeah!
Jeff's mom watched the boys so I really did have an all girl weekend.

This year it was in St. George and my parents/grandmas house.
I LOVE ST. GEORGE!
I want to live there.

It was my dad's youngest sister's 50th! 
Did I mention it's his YOUNGEST sister who was turning 50?
She beautiful and fabulous and doesn't look a day over 29. (seriously)
So, we all dressed appropriately...in black of course.

Everyone gave her 50 of something.
We played a game all about Aunt Penny.
And had such a good time. 
A GREAT time actually.
There are 6 sisters and 2 sisters-in-law so needless to say, all of their families together make for a lot of 'sisters'.
We had 6 air mattresses, 2 hid-a-beds, 3 regular beds and the floor.
Let's just say we were cozy.
The first day, I noticed an earring in the screen door. Weird. I later learned the reason for the earring.
I am much much taller than most of the other 'sisters'. The only other 'sister' that is near my height is my 'sister' Robyn and she's right up there with me. All of the other 'sisters' are so small. So, my aunt was walking from the living room out onto the patio and I think the earring was a little too high for her eye level. She walked right into the screen! Knocked it off the runner and bent it a little. It was hilarious. But I think the best part was watching 6 'sisters' trying to get the door back on.
We finished the night off playing games and enjoying the company.
The 'Sisters'
I am so glad I got to go this year and I missed my aunt and cousins that couldn't make it.
Maybe next year!
 The Barthlome Sisters

2 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Glad you guys had such a great trip when you were out here. I can't believe how big your boys are getting!

The Brady Bunch said...

What a fun thing to do!