Friday, October 21, 2011

Ohio State Fair...eh

 So...everyone and I mean EVERYONE was talking about The Ohio State Fair.
How great it was. All the fun stuff to do and see. It was supposed to be just smashing!
Well, the traffic was HORRIBLE! We were sitting, waiting to get in for over and hour...in the ghetto.
Once we got there, it was after 7pm and parking was a nightmare. I spotted a space across the way and so I jumped out of the car to hold it. 
15 minutes later, still no hubs.
Well, his cell phone was dead, (story of our lives) but he did have mine. After defending the spot from angry parking-spot-searchers, a nice lady that had been chilling in her lawn chair, watching the whole time, offered her cell phone. I called Jeff, he couldn't find me and that is why he never showed. We easily spotted each other (how horrible was life before cell phones? maybe not horrible but miserable...haha.)and headed toward the fair.
Right into the entrance where the Budweiser Horses.
I was impressed. My dad always has a Budweiser Horse calender up somewhere in our house. Not for the beer sillies, for the horses.
Maybe the fair was going to be pretty awesome after all.

 That was about the extent of the awesomeness.
Neither of us enjoyed the food. (Which hello, that's the best part of a fair)
ALL of the animal expect for about 3 horses had been taken home or sold. :(
We are el cheapo when it comes to the carny rides. We said the boys could choose one.
The first couple of laps were fun but on about lap 20, they were done.
But I do love this picture. I think they are just so adorable.
 Now let me just say, I'm not complaining here, we just didn't have quite the experience we had hoped for.
I think the sitting in traffic for over an hour at dinner time may have had something to do with it.
Our experience was almost comical at the end of the night when we were leaving and didn't accomplish any of the things we had hoped to.
Give me the Caribou County Fair any day. :)

1 comment:

ajandersonguy said...

Or Wilson County Fair! That was awesome! Even Cache county fair is better than that! The animals stay till Saturday night even if they have been sold. Parking at public events always sucks. I usually try to go in the day time before nap time. Less traffic and people. You don't get the night atmosphere but who needs it!? Crazy teens always lookin for entertainment and find trouble! :)
Jessica